My views on cybersecurity, information security, information assurance, physical security, and other things related to the industry and IT.
My $dayjob is that of a Cyber Threat Intelligence analyst. My prior $job had me doing Cyber Threat Intelligence, Incident Detection and Response, and Open Source Investigations. My work requires me to write shell and python scripts, build metrics, do link analysis and write reports on the findings for executive level management.
I started my Cybersecurity / Information Security / IT career in doing physical work, changing locks, running cables, building Point Of Presence (POP) and Data Centers, and then moved in to Network Operation Centers, and System Administration.
I’ve worked in Network Service Provider, Telecommunications, Automotive, Publishing, Infrastructure as a Service, and Healthcare. Currently I’m at a company that covers multiple Critical Infrastructure verticals.
I’ve also worked security for a couple of Sci-Fi conventions. On occasion at those cons, I got to escort VIPs and the Guest Speakers through the cons with the goal of having people leave them alone.
I teach Tang Soo Do and Self Defense classes when time permits. I’ve studied Tang Soo Do most of my life, and spent 6 months to a year in Ishinru, Brazilian Jiujitsu, Judo, and Hopkido.
I’m currently working on a Master’s of Cybersecurity. I graduated from Eastern Michigan with a degree in Applied Information Assurance. My classes have included Intelligence Analysis, Cyber Crime Investigations, Cyber Law, Digital Forensics, and Foreign and Domestic Terrorism and Information Warfare.
I run the Ann Arbor chapter of TOOOL
I hold the following licences, certifications, certificates, and degrees:
- Associate of Applied Science, Computer Information Systems
- Associate in General Studies focus on Anthropology
- Offensive Security Wireless Professional
- New Mexico Tech Energetic Materials Research and Testing Center – Incident Response to Terrorist Bombings program – Awareness Level
- Eastern Michigan University Center for Regional and National Security – Incident Response to Weapons of Mass Destruction
- General class Amateur Licenses
- Black belt (1st Dan) Tang Soo Do
I also teach lock picking, speak at conferences, and have been published.